Drive Heavy Rigid Vehicle TLIC3004 – Delivered in partnership with Australian Training Management (RTO # 2431)
A Heavy Rigid drivers licence will allow you to drive a motor vehicle with a gross mass greater than 8 tonnes with three or more axles and may tow a single trailer not exceeding a gross mass of 9 tonnes.
To be eligible for a Heavy Rigid licence you must have held a C Class licence for at least 2 years and or a MR licence for 1 year.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment TLIC3004 Drive Heavy Rigid Vehicle. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
• Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
• Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (ability to climb in/out of truck, operate controls, etc.);
• Must wear appropriate clothing with enclosed shoes;
• Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information:http://www.usi.gov.au
• Must complete course on Fatigue Management http:/fatigue.safetyline.wa.gov.au/
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
Training is conducted at Heavy Vehicle Training & Assessing premises in
Albany – 437 Chester Pass Road, Warrenup
Kambalda – 3 Clianthus Road, Kambalda West
Regional towns – Theory is conducted at the Community Resource Centres.
HR – A
• The HR-A allows you to drive a Heavy Rigid Vehicle restricted to an automatic gearbox.
HR – B
• The HR-B allows you to drive a Heavy Rigid Vehicle restricted to a synchromesh gearbox. This covers the automatic gearbox also.
• The HR allows you to drive any Heavy Rigid Vehicle.
We offer 1, 2 and 3 Day courses.
– Eye Test
– Statement of Attainment
We charge travel and accommodation per course in regional areas outside Kalgoorlie and Albany.